Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

*aren't they gorgeous? I took this picture right before inhaling half the cookies. So.Good. 

I get into these obsession-loops… basically, where I fixate on a particular ingredient or recipe and I can't stop thinking about it until I make it... especially when sweets are involved. Normally, I'm a regular old chocolate chip cookie kinda girl, but I went out for lunch with my sister-in-law recently and tried an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.

It was ok, but just ok, and I thought for sure I could find a better recipe to make at home. I obsessed about it for a week before finally looking around, and this one from Allrecipes is really fantastic. Here is my take on oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

What you need:

1C butter, softened
1C brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2C white sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3C oats (I used old-fashioned)
1/2 C semi-sweet MINI chocolate chips (I add my chips by sight, you should too. Most recipes call for WAY too many chocolate chips.)

What you do:

Start by preheating your oven to 325 (or 350 if you're me and don't pay attention to anything ever).

Cream butter and sugars together until smooth, then add vanilla and eggs. Keep mixing until everything is nice and smooth.

In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda,  and salt.

Add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring until just blended.

Add oats and chocolate chips, again stirring until just blended.

Drop heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until edges start to look golden.

Cool on baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling (if you can resist eating them immediately…).


These cookies freeze and reheat very well!

No comments:

Post a Comment