Monday, February 4, 2013

Honey-Lime Pork Tenderloin


*Yes, this is my picture. Of my dinner. It was soooo good!
Honey-Lime Pork Tenderloin

I found this on Pinterest. It was originally from the Daily Herald... and since the first time we tried it in 
September, we've made it almost weekly since. I've made a few changes to suit us, but as always I suggest you do it properly the first time by following the original recipe. Then you can play. ;)

Making the marinade

1 lime, zested
1/2 C fresh squeezed lime juice
(normally I squeeze out the lime I zested, then add a little bottled lime juice to make up the rest)
1 1/2tsp coarse sea salt
1/4C honey
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped. (I use 1-2 tsp of the pre-chopped garlic in a jar. Way easier.)

Using your marinade to make awesome pork:
That's it. Easy right? Combine all the ingredients in a bowl to make the marinade, then pour it over 1lb of pork* in a freezer bag. Marinate the pork for anywhere from 4 to 24 hours before cooking. We always do this recipe on the grill, medium heat. 

I don't reserve any marinade for post-grilling. Instead, I tightly wrap the pork immediately after grilling and let it set for 5 minutes before serving. We often eat it with rice and veggies, but occasionally just with salad.

*we use either tenderloin or chops. We tend to like the chops best, but tenderloin is so cheap and delicious, it's hard to resist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment