Monday, February 4, 2013

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken


*Yep, that's my image. Don't those look wonderful!?
Awesome Bacon-wrapped glazed chicken
This was another find on Pinterest and it has become a staple at our place. The original recipe I tried is from Kaotic Kitchen, but I've made a few changes so I'm posting what I actually do. This is super easy, quick, and delicious. Check out the variation* at the end, too! 

What you need:

Preheat oven to 425F

1 package of pre-trimmed chicken breast tenderloins (about 1 to 1.5lbs of chicken)
1 package of bacon (I use John Morrell Applewood Smoked)
3 TBSP bbq sauce (right now, I'm using Jack Daniel's Honey BBQ sauce)
3 TBSP honey

Update 1/18/2014: I almost never use the glaze anymore, FYI. I just wrap the chicken and grill. This works great on turkey too... tasty!

What you do:

Line a baking sheet with foil. 

Mix bbq sauce and honey, then set aside. 

Wrap each chicken piece with a piece of bacon. For very large pieces, use additional bacon as needed. 

Ideally, you want all of the chicken meat to be covered with bacon. 

Lay each bacon-wrapped piece of chicken on your sheet. 

Brush the top side of each piece lightly but thoroughly with honey sauce. 

Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the bacon starts  to get crispy. 

Remove from oven and flip each piece over. Brush new top side with honey sauce. 

Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the bacon starts to crisp. 

Remove from oven and let set for a few minutes before serving. They go great with a  salad or steamed veggies.  

*Variation: I have made these stuffed with goat cheese a few times. I absolutely love goat cheese, but my hubby doesn't, so I don't make them this way very often. The only difference is the goat cheese, really. I take two of the chicken tenderloins and put goat cheese between them. Then I wrap the whole thing in two slices of bacon and brush on the glaze. Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment