Monday, February 4, 2013

My Sister's Favorite Cake-y Chocolate Chip Cookies


*Voila! Yep, I made those cookies... I used M&Ms instead of chocolate chips, cos that's how I roll...
My sister's favorite cake-y chocolate chip cookies

My sister loves these cookies. I think she'd marry them if that wouldn't make her a bigamist. She got the recipe from Martha Stewart (who else!?)... you can see it here

2 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
7/8 C butter, at room temperature
3/4 C sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 C chocolate chips. (I always use semi-sweet... feel free to live a little and try something else!)

Preaheat oven to 350F. 

Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. 

Mix butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs. Blend well. 

Stir dry mix into creamy just until combined. Add chocolate chips and stir lightly. 

Drop heaping tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden around the edges. 

Cool on wire rack before eating... but you should probably eat one while it's still warm and the chips are gooey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment